Wednesday, March 8, 2017

2017! What the heck?

Well last year evaporated without a return to hobbies, Mom passed away, kid is in the throes of teendom, but I have recently returned to my love of little things, especially houses and the things that go in them. I bought 3 more houses (because the sickness grabbed me fiercely this time, and weird logistics which I will explain) and this is not one of them: 
 But I did have to move this one onto my desk/worktable, in order to make things fit. Which is a good thing because this one has been languishing with paperback books in it ever since we moved (over two years ago now), so it is about time!
This is one I got off Craigslist several years ago, with mold issues, so I had to tear out all the interior walls and have yet to replace them. I love the exterior detail and refuse to part with it, so my family just shake their heads (spouse) and roll their eyes (daughter) and shrug their shoulders (son)  and wait for the next thing to happen.
Anyway, I believe the style is intended to be Brooklyn Brownstone, so the exterior surface needs to be refinished and I definitely need to subdivide the rooms. Also I'm going to make wainscoting for the walls.
So, I have some Tomy Smaller Homes and Gardens furniture that I have collected over the years, and I recently purchased another lot on ebay. This one, as a matter of fact:
I thought it would be nice to have the house to go with it, so I could display it. It is smaller than 1:12 scale, about 1:16 to 1:18, like Lundby dollhouses. Sadly, the only one I found was water damaged, but of course there I was, shopping for dollhouses, always a dangerous situation. I found a Wolverine metal lithographed dollhouse that I thought might be the right scale, and contacted that guy, and I found a free handmade in the seventies house and emailed that guy, and found a Lundby Stockholm, and emailed that owner. I heard back from the Wolverine guy right away, but not the other two. So, bird in the hand, right? I went and purchased the Wolverine (very good condition, no rust, with the box and awful plastic furniture that came with it) in the parking lot at Fry's Electronics 50 minutes away, and went on with the rest of my day.
Forgot to add the chimney for most of the photos!

with chimney!

Has white plastic woman, missing white plastic man tho'.

child's bedroom

This is actually a smaller scale than I intended.

so I think I'll be selling this one.

Later that day, the guy with the free 70's house emailed me back and suggested I come get the house. So I did. It's huge! Took up the whole back seat of my car. But I love it. I call it Henry's house because that's the name of the guy who built it.
This is now residing where the Brooklyn was.

It came with a ton of melissa & doug furniture

It doesn't have a roof, will have to remedy that.

I put a cloth over it to protect it from the sun

all the windows and doors are great!
The photos above are from the ad, before I brought it home.

Then I got home from that trip and guess who emailed me? The Lady with the Lundby!

No comments:

Post a Comment