Monday, October 24, 2011

A Little Progress

Got started and found myself in a wonderland of glue - thankfully all water soluble, but lots of scrubbing
 All that wallpaper is gone now. It had printed on the edge "The Peddlar's Shoppe", a long gone hobby shop (at least, the only "Peddlar's Shop"pe I can find online is a bike shop) I suspect from the seventies, helping me to date this house.  Could have been a kit...
 Pulled out both stairwells. This is by far the worst of the mold - I am now thinking about replacing this wall. At this point though, I had just scrubbed it with vinegar -that's what's in the bucket.

 Next I coated it with hydrogen peroxide and let it sit for 20 minutes. The problem of course is the porous surface - nothing safe will penetrate and kill the mold all the way down in the substrate.


                                     This was after the peroxide:

As you can see, not too much difference.
Lots of research about mold today - the next (and last) thing I tried was tea tree oil. The concentration was a little higher than 1 tsp: 8 oz.
This was after the tea tree oil. I actually think it was slightly better, but I'm not too thrilled with the results, so I think I'm just going to replace that side.

Stupid mold.




No comments:

Post a Comment